FREE SHIPPING WITHIN UNITED STATES

0

Your Cart is Empty

January 04, 2017

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes - including extra small, as a two-year-old Utah boy discovered when his twin brother rescued him from a fallen dresser.

Toddler Brock Shoff was playing in his bedroom when a dresser tipped over onto him as his brother Bowdy - and the home's surveillance cameras - looked on.

What followed was an impressive feat of cool-headed action - and impressive strength - from the pint-sized superhero. But the incident highlights concerns over the safety of children and the dangers of tall furniture.  

The couple put the video online to promote awareness of bolting down furniture. Around 25,400 children are injured every year in the US by falling furniture. Of those injured, one child dies every two weeks as a result of their injuries

She didn't hear the dresser falling or her son crying, she told, as it was early morning and they were sleeping.

Dad Ricky posted the video to Facebook with a message.

'I've been a little hesitant to post this. But I feel it's not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible,' he wrote.

'We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share. We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock. And feel blessed that he is ok. Thank you to the angels.

'Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall. Please share.' And the Shroff family even bought theSure Basics Baby Proofing Child Safety latches to secure the bottom drawers as seen on the video link below.

Falling furniture is highly dangerous to children.

On December 21, Ikea paid out $50 million to the parents of three toddlers who were killed after dressers from their now-discontinued Malm range fell on them in separate incidents.

In 2004, Kimberly Amato's daughter Meghan, three, was killed by a falling dresser in the middle of the night. The heartbroken mother decided to set up a charity aimed at preventing the startlingly high number of children who die in the same way. Reacting to the video, she told: 'My initial thought was it's a miracle that Brock survived and was not seriously injured. 'He was one of the lucky ones and that should in NO way give parents a false sense of security thinking a child can always survive a dresser tip-over.

'My second reaction was that obviously, if the dresser were anchored to the wall, it would not have happened at all.

The charity calls for parents to bolt their appliances and furniture to their walls, and although many reacted to the video by praising the parents for sharing their experience and Bowdy for saving his brother, others criticized the Shoffs for not hearing such a loud bang of the falling dresser. We at Sure Basics are not concerned with any debates, but are worried parents and caregivers not taking this seriously. It is a message for all of us.

To see the video click here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwzUuNqoLI

To buy Metal Wall Anchors to secure your furniture or TV to the wall, please buy theSafetynex Anti-Tip Straps sold here. Please do not wait and take action now.